Friday, March 29, 2013

HOTD Casting Call: Jade

Continuing with my dream cast for a Hunters of the Dark movie or TV show, I have some pretty strong candidates in mind for Jade.  As always, leave a comment if you have another actress in mind (or if you want to just second any of my awesome choices).  :)

Runners Up to play Jade

 
Lauren Cohan (The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries)
 
 
Michelle Trachtenberg (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Gossip Girl)
 
My Choice for Jade
 
 
Phoebe Tonkin (The Secret Circle, The Vampire Diaries)
 
I envision a really strong, butt-kicking young actress in the role of the hotheaded hunter Jade, who loves action and reacts before really thinking things through.  All three of these actresses have been really confident in their various roles, but perhaps it's the idea of cute little Dawn from Buffy that has me leaning toward the other two girls, who I feel would be awesome as Jade.  Lauren and Phoebe also have more physical roles, and both have more of a dark, edgy, and sexy side to them, which matches up with Jade really well.  In the end, however, I can not get over the presence that Phoebe Tonkin had in The Secret Circle, and it's that playfulness and bad-girl edge that she showed off there that put her over the edge for me.  I feel strongly about this one - she would be perfect for the role.


No comments:

Post a Comment